Saturday, April 2, 2011

4.1.11 Colors of Grace

Bright blue eyes smiling up at me
A sunrise beyond perfection
Breakfast made, a shower
Grateful for a days work
Health

Opportunity given, time to explore
Meditation in my mind, I adore.
Friends arrive with love
Friends arrive with hate
All a part of daily life, calling at my gate.

In my spiritual journey I grow
A place where I vent, i go and know
The place where I love, and give and receive.
Real, and a part of me.

Driving down the endless road
The back and forth of life
Voices from others calling me
I try and grow my light.

Jealousy, teamwork, envy, greed
What do they all say of me?
I worry I'm not perfect, and bleed.
I don't want to let you down.

love unconditional, enough to go around
I try and wear the glowing crown, and fail.
Have mercy on me I beg, please give me sight
But I know you and you teach us sometimes in fright

It's alright God, I can handle this
This life of mine-your given bliss.
I love my neighbor
Want to see them through
We can grow together and never be blue

The gifts we appreciate
The bad we scorn, but it's all from you,
In secular form. I embrace it and I love.
Thank you from above.


In the secular I am still
Because this is where we till.
This is where we grow and learn.
The communion where we face you
and we are tested.

Quietly leading us on
You hold our hands
You guide us on
You teach us well
Love me God
And let me love all others.

Clear the road, throw our own monkeys.
The things in life you send to me
I love and will love and do love
I realize the spirit in the secular
I embrace all that you've given me.

And so I till and continue to grow
Knowing that you lead me.
Grateful for the unexpected things in life
That teach me.
Let the secular become the spirit
And the spirit become the daily life.

I only want love that last
I grow through strife in the needles.
That's alright, all a gift from you
In our happiness of love we are sometimes blue.

Thank you God for everything you've given me.
Scorned by not abiding in you, I am a broken branch
Cast into the fire.
With you, I am a branch that bears fruit
And am sweet and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment